Strangers with fake IDs added to 1Teacher-1Laptop list – GES

The Ghana Education Service (GES) has disclosed that some Metro/Municipal/District Directors of Education, in submitting the names of teachers for the government’s one-teacher-one-laptop policy, have added names of persons who do not qualify, including non-teaching staff and retired or separated staff.

According to the GES, in some instances, strange names have been added to the list with fake staff IDs.

The GES has, therefore, in a statement, urged the headteachers to be responsible for the names being submitted with a caution that such conduct constitute fraud.

The district directors of education have been advised to validate the list, which have been forwarded and then submit an update by the close of work today, Tuesday, 31 August 2021 through the email address (dirreduash@gmail.com).

The government, last month, secured laptops to be distributed to teachers under the one-teacher-one-laptop policy.

A letter signed by the Deputy Director-General of the GES, Mr Anthony Boateng, to that effect, urged all regional directors to liaise with heads of senior high schools in their regions to provide them with a validated list of names and staff ID numbers of teachers in their various schools.

The cost of the laptop is undisclosed but the teachers are expected to pay 30 per cent of the cost while the government pays the remaining 70 per cent.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here