NewsTop Stories

14-year-old loses life in Ejisu gas explosion

A gas explosion that occurred at Achiase-Amoam in the Ejisu Municipality of the Ashanti region has claimed one life.

The deceased lost her life after a gas cylinder exploded at about 4 pm on Monday when a tenant tried checking on her leaking gas cylinder, which exploded and caught fire in the process.

A next-door neighbour together with her three children was caught in the ensuing fire leading to the death of the 14-year-old girl.

Occupants of the house and other residents in the area subsequently came to the rescue of the victims and rushed them to a health centre in the area.

They were then referred to the Intensive Care Unit of the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.

The 14-year-old girl, Shamsiya Yahaya died on Thursday while on admission at the hospital with the four others, a mother and her two children and another tenant, still on admission.

The traumatised owner of the gas cylinder which exploded, Yamusah Humu Salma, told Accra-based Citi News: “For now, I am confused… I am in pains”.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button
Ads Blocker Image Powered by Code Help Pro

Ads Blocker Detected!!!

We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling these ads blocker.

Powered By
Best Wordpress Adblock Detecting Plugin | CHP Adblock